Bios for the SDCYB Board of Directors
Samantha Anderson, Secretary
- Samantha is the COO and co-founder of 41 Orange, inc, a marketing agency that specialize in online marketing and lead generation for small- to medium-sized businesses in the real estate, financial and design industries. Hailing from the agency world, Sam has worked with Fortune 500 tech, financial, and consumer brands, including Intel, Petco and LPL Financial, to shape their online presence and reach their target audiences more effectively through social media and beyond. She is also an accomplished writer, having bylines in many nationally distributed publications and online media. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, emphasis in public relations from San Diego State University.
Mary Fox Drehsen, Director
- Marie Fox Drehsen is a designer and brand strategist who helps small business owners grow their brands with compelling visual solutions. Prior to founding her design studio, Marie spent a decade immersed in corporate marketing and product development for Parts Unlimited, the world’s largest motorcycle parts distributor, and its subsidiary brands, Thor Motocross and Icon Motosports. In 2009, Marie launched her own company, 12 Signs Wine, a boutique wine brand that pairs California’s finest grapes with thoughtful design and engaging marketing. Marie and her award winning brand have been featured on TV and several news publications. Marie took her first ballet class at the age of 12, shortly after her father suffered a traumatic brain injury. As her primary outlet of grief at the time, dance has made a profound impact on her life ever since. Marie believes everyone should have the opportunity to dance and is passionate about bringing the joy of ballet to children throughout San Diego. She holds a BBA in Marketing and International Business, with a minor in Spanish from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Steven Hong, Treasurer
- Mr. Hong has an extensive background and nearly 20 years experience in finance, financial planning and analysis, and corporate banking for large public financial institutions. Mr. Hong has a proven track record in area of strategic planning and management, corporate finance, real estate investment & management and investment management. Currently, Mr. Hong is the Controller for TAC Financial, Inc. where he is responsible for all financial reporting matters as well as daily operations and HR duties within the company. Prior to TAC Financial, Mr. Hong was CFO for ATM-Health, Inc, responsible for fund raising and strategic planning. Prior to moving to San Diego, Mr. Hong, was a VP in the Office of the President for Mizuho Corporate Bank, USA (NYSE: MFG) in New York City responsible strategic planning and financial projections for the Bank. Mr. Hong also has experience as a Portfolio Manager for Northern Trust Bank (NASDAQ: NTRS) and JP Morgan Chase managing over $300MM for high-net worth individuals, pension plans and non-profit organizations. Prior to Northern Trust Bank, Mr. Hong worked for other public financial institutions including The Industrial Bank of Japan and Wells Fargo (WFC). Mr. Hong earned his MBA from the University of Southern California and a BA in Business Economics from the University of California at Riverside.
Michael King, Chair
- Mr. King has a deep professional background, with more than 40 years in the design, development, and management of electronic systems for the US Navy. Mr. King has experience in strategic planning, professional staff management, win-win negotiation, and financial and schedule oversight of large projects. Mr. King's management duties included responsibilities for budgets in excess of $10 million per year, ultimately totaling $500M. In addition, Mr. King was also responsible for talent acquisition and professional development for an engineering staff stretching from Rhode Island to San Diego. Earlier, Mr. King participated and led a number of highly focused project teams, where his people skill and planning were key to success. After retirement in 2013, Mr. King has devoted his efforts to a number of non-profit organizations, including Ninth District PTA and the San Diego Civic Youth Ballet, and along with other activities, oversees their Internet presence. Mr. King earned his BSEE from the University of Colorado, and in 2014 added a Web Publishing certificate from UCSD Extension.
Rosemary Linden, Director
Rosemary Linden is the founder and Managing Director of Momentum CFO, a financial consulting firm that helps small to mid-sized businesses grow profitably. Rosemary has 20 years of financial management experience leading the finance organizations of companies ranging in size from small start-ups to global Fortune 500 enterprises. Prior to founding Momentum CFO, Rosemary held financial leadership positions including Director of Global Financial Planning and Analysis at WD-40 Company and Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis at Alliant Insurance Services. Throughout her career, Rosemary has served as a trusted advisor to corporate executives, guiding them to make informed financial decisions in the best interest of their companies and shareholders. She has been responsible for developing and managing budgets exceeding $1 billion per year, and has deep expertise in financial reporting and analysis, strategic planning, and investment management. Rosemary earned her MSBA in Financial and Tax Planning from San Diego State University and her BA in Economics from the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia.
Tiana Uribe, Director
- Tiana Uribe founded TRU Financial Services, Inc. in 2005, a company providing wholesale mortgage services to a wide range of clients. Tiana is a licensed broker (BRE) and has served as president since inception. She has lead the company through several real estate cycles closing over $300 million in real estate mortgage sales. She advocates for consumers and works tirelessly to find the best loan program to suit the client’s needs. Tiana’s primary responsibilities include overseeing the entire operations through her portfolio of qualifications in team collaboration, strategic planning, goal setting, client relationship building, and marketing. In 2015, Tiana founded and is currently president of The Wildflower Initiative, a nonprofit organization that advocates for and supports social services and educational programs in our community. Tiana has assumed various roles and responsibilities that encompass events coordination, board and ad-hoc leadership, and team assessment and development. Tiana’s development of the Jenny’s Jungle literacy program has provided several reading spaces in homeless and transitional shelters. Through this program, she strives to empower women and children for long-term self-sufficiency. Tiana also serves as public speaker and public relations representative of the organization focused on building its profile and reputation. Tiana completed her Master of Science Degree in Marketing at Full Sail University. Aside from her ongoing involvement with The Wildflower Initiative, Tiana serves on the Board of Directors for San Diego Civic Youth Ballet in historical Balboa Park. She currently resides with her husband and daughter in Lakeside, California.