Ballet for Me!
Some of our most treasured values here at SDCYB are that “everybody has the opportunity to dance” and we “embrace and celebrate the diversity of our students.” It is with those thoughts in mind that we are proud to offer our third semester of our Ballet for Me! program. Taught by Miss Kerri, this is an 8-week, tuition-waived classical ballet class designed specifically for children ages 7 to 12 with unique physical needs.
ENROLLMENT FOR THE SPRING 2018 "BALLET FOR ME!" CLASS BEGINS ON FEBRUARY 1!
The next session of "Ballet for Me!" is from March 17, 2018 to May 12, 2018 (with no class on March 31 for Spring Break). If you would like to be added to the list to receive updates about this class, please contact Miss Leila (our Artistic Coordinator) at email@example.com or call the office at 619-233-3060.
CLICK HERE to view the "Ballet for Me!" flyer for Spring 2018.
Also, new this year: all "Ballet for Me!" students will have the option of performing in SDCYB's Spring Showcase 2018 on May 19.
HOW TO ENROLL (step-by-step):
- Fill out our Online Registration Form
- Read, understand and sign the updated SDCYB Parent & Student Handbook
- Fill out our Dancer’s Medical History & Physician/Physical Therapist Statement Form and return it to SDCYB.
- Contact Leila Gardner (Artistic Coordinator) directly by calling 619-233-3060 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plan a visit if possible to our location prior to enrollment to view the facilities, classroom & meet the instructor.
- Enroll for the class session at the time of enrollment to reserve your spot!
FROM THE INSTRUCTOR:
MISS KERRI: "I remember the feeling I had when my legs were put into braces at the age of 5 after being diagnosed with Legg Calve Perthes, a hip disease that not only prevented me from walking unsupported but from my true passion; dancing. While I was undergoing treatment and physical therapy, there was no opportunity for me to continue with my ballet training. These years of restriction impacted my confidence and limited my self-expression. With my belief that every child deserves to experience dance, and my own unique physical needs, this program has forever been an aspiration of mine that has finally come true."
CLICK HERE to read Miss Kerri's bio.